Saturday, January 31, 2009

day 9: orchard and dover


Today I put my 18-55 lens back on for the first time in two weeks. Even for its decreased focus or speed, the versatility of a zoom is like a drug after two weeks of a fixed prime, especially at wider angles. Been cracking open my flash manuals today and trying to relearn all the bells and whistles before we add radio slaves to the mix, but I got no quality pictures to show for it. Wasn't really aiming.

This is our vantage where we watch people spin their wheels in the ice while we eat our toast in the mornings. Actually, more people spin at night for some reason.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have a wider field to work with, huh? I used my 17-40 today, but caught myself racking it all the way to one side or the other rather than moving. I'm trying to find the sweet spot of the lens, and I'm pretty sure it's not at either extreme.

    I like the interesting angles and the composition of this shot. Also a bit jealous that you have snow right now....

    This view and your comments reminds me of a video I saw a couple years ago. You have to first understand that central Oregonians LOVE to make fun of Portland drivers when it comes to winter driving.

    So when we saw this, well, let's just say it's a classic here.

    I'm enjoying your work, Seth!

    ReplyDelete