Monday, February 2, 2009

day 11: pinhole


IMGP6618-1, originally uploaded by elbowclarke.

This was a very keen gift from my brother Adam, Christmas 2006. I'm ashamed to admit I've only ever used it as an objet d'art on our mantle, but that's mostly for lack of large format film and processing. (Excuses...) They're sold by the Lomographic Society in New York, and it's exquisitely crafted and finished: a beautiful reduction to photographic elementals. And I love the bubble level on top for its eminent practicality.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo, Seth. How was this lit? Nice broad light, I'd call this a very good product photo. Especially because I don't think you have any studio gear, and I'm thinking you just found a good place for this type of photo.

    What a neat gift!

    Oh, and if you're getting frustrated with how Blogger cuts off the default Flickr blog posts, I can show you what I did to fit the whole width in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used an off camera flash aimed at the wall behind the camera which created the slightly backlit effect. We have this low, flat 3x3 coffee table that's made of white melamine which works for small, brightly lit items.

    I AM frustrated by the blogger/flikr disconnect... but I'll try and figure it out -- I will bank your excellent advice for photo-related matter!

    So, I cancelled my cactus order and decided to save up a little more (read: reallocate funds) for some elinchroms. Meantime I'm looking for the perfect hotshoe-to-minicable or hotshoe-to-PC-to-Minicable combo that's clean and not fussy. Zebraflash is all out. I discovered there's a camera haven here in Cambridge called Calumet which I've never visited, so I'm hoping to go this coming weekend. Ka-ching.

    ReplyDelete