Wednesday, February 4, 2009

day 13: textures morning and night


IMGP6675, originally uploaded by elbowclarke.

two pics from my walk to and from the subway today, ca 7am and 7pm. We had new snow monday, and very clear skies ever since. I had to bump the contrast on the morning shot in order to bring out the subtle texture of the snow to contrast with the obviousness of the bark. The night shot would have been nice in color, but I didn't have a tripod and had to use 1600 iso at 1/40s and you could really tell in the color shot -- grain and blur was more prominent.


IMGP6707, originally uploaded by elbowclarke.

2 comments:

  1. By the way Jesse, I figured out how to expand the format of the blog to allow for wider pics...by cutting and pasting the code from your blog! Once again you've paved the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I'm doing much paving. Each day I look at your photo, and I'm amazed by the quality of your work. About half the time, I haven't taken my photo yet by the time you've posted.

    You're doing really, really nice work. Can't wait to see where we are a year from now or even a month from now.

    Love the tree in the snow. (Send some snow over here if you're tired of it. As you can tell from my photos lately, it's TOO dry here.)

    ReplyDelete